Wednesday 1 February 2017

I'm Missing Thailand???

A few days ago something remarkable happened I found myself reminiscing about living in Thailand and for the frist time I looked back with fondness, nostalgia and actually thought to myself 'I miss Thailand'. Now this doesn't mean that I'm planning on moving back to Thailand anytime soon but I think this is a huge breakthrough and I thought it would be interesting to get back on here and share some thoughts about it. 

My reasons for leaving Thailand wern't anything to do with country, in fact I love the country. I left Thailand because I had become disillusioned with Teaching and after 3 years of working in a Thai state school I knew it was time to do something different. Unfortunately in Thailand opportunities for foreigners outside of Teaching are sparse and I mean really sparse. I think it would be a fair assumption to say that any Tom, Dick of Harry could walk in to a teaching job in Thailand but finding a job in any other industry is almost impossible. I must say that I personally have never really looked for jobs in alternative industries as I wasn't interested in living in Bangkok at the time but this is a story i've heard time and time again from others. 

I am in no position to move back to Thailand at this stage and I don't really have any plans to do so in the forseeable future but I still have ties to the country and I find my change in mentality to be really interesting. I'm hoping that when I go back to Thailand in July on holiday I'll be able to fully appreciate the country again as an outsider and enjoy the beautiful weather, amazing scenary and laid back culture without the bitterness which inevitably comes from staying anywhere too long in a job you quite frankly can't stand.

Cheers Guys & Gals

P.S. I will update this more xxx
 

1 comment:

  1. The great blog about I'm Missing Thailand???. Thanks for sharing the blog, seems to be interesting and informative too. Could you help me to find out more details on Cruise to goa

    ReplyDelete